Our first big German-Chilean project!
“Learning from each other: Animal keepers in Germany and Chile” is the name of the project, which is partially supported with German federal funds. Chilean and German animal rights activists will host exchange visits and work jointly for an entire year.
This project is based upon cooperation between three German associations and a Chilean association:
- Corporación Refugio Patitas Sin Hogar (Concepción/Chiguayante, Chile)
- Animal Protection Association Groß-Essen e.V. (Albert-Schweitzer-Tierheim, Essen, Germany)
- Animal protection association for Hanover and the greater Hannover area e.V. (Tierheim Hannover, Germany)
- FinnDomingo: Projects for Responsible Animal Husbandry e.V. (Wittlich, Germany)
Mutual benefits gained
- The Chilean shelter operators learn more about professional animal care and shelter management, which will help them to preserve their shelter and advance in their work.
- The German animal shelter operators can incorporate international learning practices and benefit from extended field work abroad.
- The participating apprentices and animal keepers can expand their first-hand professional knowledge and experience.
- The members of FinnDomingo e.V. advance in their mission to improve living conditions for humans and animals through education.
- And last but not least: The rescued animals in the participating animal shelters are restored to a healthy life, able to strengthen the bond between humans and animals.
Financing of the project
TrainingWorldwide (AusbildungWeltweit) is a funding program of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF). With this program, the goal of the German government is to promote the acquisition of international vocational skills through the promotion of German training companies supporting education and internships of their trainees and trainers. A partnership with a comparable foreign institution is essential. Another important aim is to promote vocational training in the home country of this partner institution.
“Learning from each other: Animal keepers in Germany and Chile”
Our association is interface coordinator and official contact for the Ministery. It organizes the complete project, that starts the beginning of November 2018 and runs until the end of October 2019, covering a number of intercultural, bilingual and professional events throughout the year, oriented towards the participants and the public.
Highlights of the project
Part A) In the summer of 2019, the manager of the Chilean Refugio Patitas Sin Hogar will participate in a four-week internship the animal sheltein both the Hannover and the Essen animal shelters, for a total of eight weeks.
Part B) In the fall of 2019, four German zookeepers (two apprentices and two trainers) will spend several weeks learning and working at the Chilean shelter. Only this part will be supported by the governmental programme TrainingWorldwide.
This means we need help to make the Chilean internship in Germany (part A) happen.
Can we count on your support? Great! Please, find out more.